Cruising Ports: the Central American Route New 6.5 edition by Capt. Pat Rains was reprinted in March 2017 with major updates.
Cruising Ports (272 pages, full color) covers all the yacht stops in Pacific Central America –
- Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Pacific Panama
- Mexico’s Gulf Coast to Veracruz, and the northwest Yucatan
- Northwest Cuba and the Yucatan Channel
- Belize, Rio Dulce, Honduras and the Bay Islands
- The Western Caribbean islands and banks
- Panama’s Caribbean cruising grounds.
- Transiting the Panama Canal is the final chapter.
This update has the latest news and includes 101 GPS-accurate charts and 288 color photos. Also included is an explanation of the Paperwork Cha Cha with blank forms, GPS waypoint lists, WX Radio frequencies. The newly expanded Resource Directory lists all marinas, fuel docks, boat yards, ship’s agents, websites, and emails.
Cruising Ports the Central American Route is a companion to the Mexico Boating Guide. Together these guides will take you from the San Diego border to the Florida Keys.