The Radio Navigational Aids (Pub 117) publication contains a detailed list of selected worldwide radio stations that provide services to the mariner.
Pub 117 2014 Edition is divided into chapters according to the nature of the service provided by the radio stations:
- Radio Direction Finder and Radar Stations
- Radio Time Signals
- Radio Navigational Warnings
- Distress, Emergency, and Safety Traffic
- Stations Transmitting Medical Advice
- Long Range Navigational Aids
- Communication Instructions for U.S. Merchant Ships
Two Index sections also present Radio Aids to Navigation by Country and Radio Aids to Navigation by Station.
A “Quick Reference” in the beginning directs the user to communications regarding distress, search and rescue, emergencies, and navigational warnings.